Public Entity Insurance
Warma Witter Kreisler & Associates, Inc. has been providing insurance services for public entities for over 30 years. While companies come and go, we have stayed strong by continuing to aggressively search the market for top notch carriers that provide specialized coverage for public taxing bodies.
Public Entities face an ongoing challenge to protect the assets entrusted to them. At Warma Witter Kreisler & Associates, Inc., we understand the obstacles encountered by the wide of variety of public sector risks, but more importantly, we are familiar with the unique culture and environment that exist in these organizations. The Public Entity Specialists at Warma Witter Kreisler & Associates, Inc. work with:
- Water and Sanitation Districts
- Road Districts
- K-12 School Districts
Warma Witter Kreisler & Associates, Inc. contracts with Insurance carriers who recognize our expertise in the Public Entity Sector. We also work with carriers who provide specialized Public Entity Insurance for:
- Sales Tax Interruption Coverage
- Healthcare Professional
- Police Professional
- Cyber Liability
- Sexual Abuse
- Pollution Liability
- Equipment Breakdown
- Mine Subsidence
- Liquor Liability
We can also provide customized programs for your entity that include:
- High limits Earthquake Coverage
- High limits Mine Subsidence
- Flood Coverage Policy
- Weather Policy
- Special Event Liquor Liability
- Special Event Liability
- Notary Public Bonds
- Treasurer Bonds
- Self Insured Risk Management
Price is Important. Service is Essential.
Warma Witter Kreisler & Associates, Inc. has the capability and knowledge to implement at the direction of the entity these and other services:
Assist the entity with the process of identifying and examining the potential sources of losses.
- Property classification
- Assisting Human Resources with Employment Practices, FMLA, FLSA, & the ADA
- Recommendations made by Loss Control Investigation Reports provided by the individual carriers free Loss Control Service
Analysis and Measurement
- Attend loss control meetings to analyze losses and mitigate future injuries along with insurance defense counsel, the mayor, and various department heads to monitor liability and workers compensation claims.
Assist with Risk Control Procedures including
- Risk Avoidance Suggestions
- Loss Prevention Surveys
- Loss Reduction Techniques
- Risk Transfer
- Contractual Transfer reviews conducted with the entity’s legal counsel such as Hold Harmless Agreements, Exculpatory Agreements, Waivers or Subrogation and Limited Liability Clauses
- Review and recommend action regarding all Certificate of Insurance requests currently handled through the entity.
- Review of all incident reports for property damage, bodily injury to entity employees, and guests.
These are an initial indication of services that are readily available. We first take the time to understand your specific goals, and design a program and coverage that fits your needs, aggressively negotiate coverage with qualified carriers. Your entity will have the same dedicated service team throughout the entire process which allows us to anticipate your needs.
Warma Witter Kreisler & Associates, Inc. can provide the following services at no cost to your Entity
Reviewing, monitoring and procuring current policies
We provide policy review and monitoring of all policies provided to the entity. Reviews can be conducted annually with the individual responsible for insurance coverage and placement. Audits, Loss Control Reports, as well as Claims Review Meetings are all additional ways we monitor the risks associated with the entity.
As a local agency we are always reviewing local news sources concerning events occurring in the entity and are in close contact with entity officials in the event an accident or catastrophic event occurs.
Assist with the bidding process to obtain required insurance coverage
We stand ready to procure and provide any coverage item with a wide variety of carriers. Please keep in mind that Insurance costs are simply a portion of the Total Cost of Risk. We also are able to discuss at your discretion other factors that go into the Total Cost of Risk.
Answer questions and inquires regarding insurance and risk management
We are pleased to monitor, review and make recommendations regarding a whole host of entity related exposures. As indicated in the bio section WWK is uniquely qualified with an Attorney working in the Public Entity Insurance field on staff.
Warma Witter Kreisler & Associates, Inc. provides public entity insurance services to nearly 20 local neighboring entities. You can rest assured that WWK has the experience and expertise to procure and service your entity’s insurance.
Obtaining a quote is a two-step process:
1. Providing documents:
In order to provide a quote all companies require readily accessible detailed information regarding the entity. Please provide:
- Declaration pages of current insurance policy
- Renewal application of current insurance policy (This should include a “Statement of Values” schedule containing the itemized property of the entity).
- Current entity budget
- Workers compensation payroll information/audits
- Five (5) years of loss runs
2. Completing the application:
We will set up a convenient time and go over the application at your office. Completing the application takes about an hour with the individual responsible for obtaining coverage for the entity. We will probably need additional fifteen minute meeting(s) with department heads to get specific details, e.g. how many miles of water/sewer lines, etc.
Upon completion of the application and the documents requested we will provide a quote. Since 90% of public entity insurance renews in December, the earlier an application is submitted the earlier a quotation will be released.
We appreciate you considering Warma Witter Kreisler & Associates, Inc. as your entity’s insurance broker. We are a local Illinois agency that values the people and places of Southwestern and Southern Illinois.
“Price is important. Service is essential”